10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week
1. Getting to see my family last Friday night after work (for my mom’s birthday). Despite thinking I wasn’t going to make it because I worked until 10:30, I still got to have some birthday dessert (we un-traditionally didn’t have a big cake, for some reason… lots of little ones!) A lot of friends and stuff showed up too, it was kind of like a Mexico meet-up, minus 30 people. I got to look at my brother’s wedding pictures that he brought home with him, which are gorgeous.
A random shot the photographer took while we were getting ready, before the ceremony
2. Spending a huge amount of the day last Saturday with my best friend (and oldest friend) on the planet. I mentioned on that day that we only see each other a few times a year, so it was really nice to catch up with her. When we hang out, it’s like there weren’t months in between the last time we saw each other. 15 years of knowing one another inside out will do that to a person, I think!
3. Having a day all to myself, last Sunday. Watching movies in bed, relaxing and not worrying about anything at all. Sometimes it’s nice to have those kinds of days!
4. Hanging out with Mel that same night. Who knew spending 4 hours in Rockaberry’s could be so entertaining… especially when doing homework?!
5. Finally picking up a good book & wanting to get back into reading. I mean, I’m always reading… but (besides reading in Mexico) I’ve been having trouble finding time to read because nothing is keeping my attention. The book I’ve been reading, “Miss O’Dell” is SO good. I think I might go read after writing this post, actually.
Stolen from another blog. Loved this picture! Thanks to whoever it was 🙂
6. Getting accepted back into University. I wasn’t TOO worried about actually getting in or anything, but it’s nice to know that I’ll be going back to school next year.
7. Feeling like I’ve been pretty good with money this week. I’ve been trying to be very hermit-like and when I go out, not spending a lot (or anything) if possible. This week wasn’t too bad, I just need to keep being really careful. And not going to any malls.
8. Going to the see The New Cities yesterday at MusiquePlus. It’s been FOUR MONTHS since I last saw them perform. It wasn’t exactly the most eventful night of my life, but it was nice to see the guys again after so long. It’s weird that there are so many crazy fans now but I always remind myself just how far they’ve come.
The New Cities performing for thousands in St-Jean at the Hot Air Balloon Fest, Summer ’09
9. Spending an hour or so this morning just downloading music. I was looking over the HUGE list of bands for Warped Tour this summer (which lands on my birthday this year, YAY!) and I love a ton of them coming… but I also don’t know enough of them coming. And I’ve been discovering a ton of good new stuff. A few bands that seem worth checking out so far (that I didn’t know before):
– Artist VS Poet
-After Midnight Project
-Close in Moscow
& I’m gonna be checking out/downloading more soon, I think! It’s been too long since I updated my Ipod with new stuff.
Thanks to whichever blog I stole this picture from 🙂
10. 2 nights ago I got to spend a good 4-5 hours with a really good friend that I met when I was like 16 or something at my first job. She’s one of the only people that I kept in touch with from that job so we still try and make time to hang out every once in a while. It’s been a few months since the last time we got together, so it was really nice to get to see her again. We talked for SO long, I didn’t even see time go by! I missed her ❤
Have a good weekend!