10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week
This post is definitely about 40 minutes late. Oops! But here it is anyway. Since I haven’t actually gone to sleep yet, I still consider today Friday!
1. Planning out my calendar of upcoming shows. I didn’t realize just how much I missed going to concerts every week like I did this past summer & September/October. Although I have to admit, I loved taking a good 4 months off of all the crazyness that is the show-world… I miss everything about it.
2. Going to the two Mackenzie First acoustic shows at D-Tox downtown & in the West Island. They’re such a great band & group of guys, they deserve their success.
3. Getting my yearly evaluation at work & doing so well on it. I wasn’t expecting to do BAD on it or anything, but it was nice to know that everything I do doesn’t go unnoticed & that hard work can pay off
4. Finishing a really great book just a couple days ago. Not because it’s rare that I read a good book, but I didn’t expect to like “Miss O’Dell” as much as I did. And it allowed me to cross off another number of my 1,001 list: Read a book about someone I admire. Because I definetly learned to admire Chris O’Dell after her autobiography. What a crazy life she’s lived!
5. Deciding that I’m going to walk the ‘Walk to End Breast Cancer’ with 2 of my best friends. I know that the 2 day/60KM walk itself is going to be an amazing adventure & experience for the three of us… but the ways in which we’re going to raise money should be really interesting too (I want the benefit concert idea to work out SO BADLY!)
6. Going out with some work people a few nights ago for some drinks. It’s been really hard on me (and my social life) to try and climb out of debt these last few weeks. I’ve been such a hermit. And cheap drinks was the perfect way to get me out of that whole situation.
7. Cleaning my room. This is… such a huge accomplishment. Hah! It feels nice to live in a bit of un-clutteredness for a little while. Let’s see how long it lasts…
8. It’s not a huge thing (and without context it won’t make much sense) but receiving a nomination for a value at work. Basically means that I encompass what this particular value of our store is about… And I didn’t even do anything out of the ordinary. But apparently that’s how it works. You just do something without realizing it and that’s how you become an ‘ambassador’ for that particular value. It was kinda cool.
9. Having a day of doing NOTHING yesterday. I know that when I go back to school I’m going to miss the hell out of these kinds of days… Catching up on watching shows & reading books instead of doing homework & missing sleep. Good times.
10. Hanging out with Agnes & James all day today. I freaking MISSED our hangouts together. We always laugh hysterically & manage to occupy ourselves by doing very little. I adore those two!