10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week
I’m pretty much a whole day late on this post! But I’m still writing it. It’s still in the right week… Yesterday I just had the craziest day. Which I’m sure I’ll get to in this post as well. So here we go!
1. One of my goals on 101 in 1,001 is to choose a program for school and be happy with it. Apparently I’m now one of those people who can’t make up their minds’. So this week, I made an appointment at Trebas Institute downtown just so that I can go and see what it’s about and talk to the administrator about the courses and the program and, most importantly, the costs. I don’t know if I’ll end up changing my mind from doing my University degree, but in order to cross that off my 101 list I need to know that I looked at all my options and that I have a set path in front of me. I’m really happy I made that appointment, because that’s the first step.
Trebas Institute is one of the top school (but still really small) for music. The program I’m looking at is Music Business Administration. It just costs an arm, a leg and my soul.
2. Since my last post, which was early LAST Friday… I changed my hair up a little bit. It’s really subtle but it was really unlike me – I dyed all the bottom of my hair fire engine red. At first I really couldn’t get used to it (especially since I asked for purple)… but I’m slowly really starting to like it. It’s really different and that’s what I wanted!
3. On Tuesday, I was supposed to work 1:15 until 9:15. Instead, my work paid me until 4 to stay home and have a paperwork day. I have to admit it really cut that shift for me (in a good way) and gave me the chance to catch up on some stuff at home. It was pretty cool to get paid to stay home… I also feel like it shows they trusted me a lot to let me do that.
4. I decided this week that it was time to get back into my internship with Astral Media. I took a really long break from helping out because Mexico preparations were taking up my whole life. Then I just didn’t feel like it anymore. But I signed up for an event for this past Wednesday and it was a lot of fun. I don’t know what I’ll learn from this internship, but I know that I’ve met some really fun people so far and it’ll look really good on my CV… so why not?
5. This week was also the week to start buying all the concert tickets for upcoming shows. Mackenzie 1st, Faber Drive, The New Cities… shows are piling up and I couldn’t be happier. And road trips! My God I missed road tripping with my best friends.
6. On Wednesday I got to spend some lovely quality time with my awesome friend Agnes. It’s always nice when we find time to just hang out the two of us!
7. Thursday was my Sister-In-Law’s birthday, so I headed over to her parents’ house with the rest of my family for an amazingly delicious dinner and some quality time with the fam. The older I get, the more I realize how important it is to make time to see them.
8. Oh, I completely forgot to mention that LAST WEEKEND… was amazing. I finally got to hang out with 4 of my favorite people & we lived downtown for a night… which was awesome. Cleaning, eating, drinking & more eating.
9. Yesterday was a crazy day and I was beyond exhausted by the time I got home at 11:30PM… but it was definitely worth it. After work Agnes, Jenia & I met up downtown to go see my Editor and another girl we work with at CONFRONT to start setting u the details for our Benefit Concert. There’s so much planning to do… But we’re all ready to make this happen and make it super successful. I’m BEYOND WORDS happy that this is working out so far.
10. Today would normally go into next week’s post, but I’ve just been so busy this week that #10 is coming out of this morning. Today… I slept in until 11:15AM. This is SUCH an accomplishment in my life. I’ve been waking up between 7 and 8 every day for a little while now and it’s so nice to wake up when I WANT TO & not when my alarm clock tells me to. I love sleep!
The rest of my day today is going to be aaallll sorts of awesome. I’m going to the Sugar Shack with my family and everyone from Montreal who flew to Mexico with us. It’s going to be like a 25+ person reunion. I’m SO excited. I need to go get ready!