This week has been pretty tough on me for numerous reasons… Mostly the never-ending days filled with school and work and not good sleep. You might say I’m finally starting to feel those winter blues- I just can’t wait for the summer and the fun clothes and the outdoor shows… All those fun things that winter is missing!
Anyway I thought a good way to cheer myself up would be to remind myself of the things that make me happy on the not-so-good days. There are tons of things that make me feel better (retail therapy being a major one) but here are a few things that sometimes I forget about:
1. Winter activities with friends as a reminder that it’s not the worst thing that could happen in life (SKATING, yay!… Oh and yes, I’m wearing contacts and not glasses, that was the first picture I ever took without them on! So strange to see myself without them on)
2. Concerts. Live music always has a way of cheering me up!
3. Reading a good book
4. Catching up on TV shows on a night off cuddled up in tons of blankets. Can’t do THAT in the summer heat! (This is totally what I want to be doing tonight, my first Saturday of spring break… and instead I’ll be catching up on far too much other work)
5. Movies that make you laugh!I went to see the 3D animation Gnomeo & Juliet last night and literally laughed for the entire hour and a half. Definitely not the best 3D movie I’ve ever seen, but by far one of the most hilarious.
6. A day with friends, good food and lots of laughter. I’ve been spending time with friends lately, making time to go out and see people so that I don’t feel too overwhelmed with school or work and I find that it’s so nice to just relax and hang out!Dinner last night with James & Agnes reminded me of just how great the three of us are together and how much I missed them!! We literally just spent 2 hours in a restaurant talking and laughing… and it was just all sorts of awesome.
7. Getting exercise. I’m so excited to be joining a gym (hopefully) this week, I feel like it’ll be a nice motivation as well as something to keep me busy and not thinking about crappy weather.
That’s all I can think of right now. I’m certainly trying to keep myself occupied indoors and not letting the tons of snow affect my mood, but it’s definitely not easy these last two weeks- especially with the added stress of all this work I have to do. There’s so much pressure to do really well at school this semester(more so than usual because I need better grades to get into Business school) and I don’t want to let myself down.
I guess the best thing to do is just get through some of these piles of work and reward myself every once in a while with a dose of happy!
What are the little things that keep you going on the days you’re not feeling too great?