This last week has given me more than a couple reasons to be sad and disappointed. A few things that I’ve written about, and a few that I couldn’t get the courage to. Either way, I think sometimes it’s important to put those less awesome moments in perspective with a few things that make me happy on a regular basis, and that I am lucky enough to have in my life. So here are the first 20 things that come to mind that make me smile.
1. Waking up in the morning & having a freshly brewed cup of coffee while checking e-mails
2. A really nice long hot shower
3. Staying in bed for 10 extra minutes to cuddle with my kitty
4. Reading a good book, and reading it fast because it’s too good to put down
5. Blaring music, listening to a favorite song and not being able to listen to it loud enough because it’s just too good
6. Retail therapy
7. Doing interviews for CONFRONT magazine- meeting some of my favorite musicians because of that job & then getting to write about it!
8. Spending an afternoon (or a day, night, morning) with family. I’ve been so lucky that my brother married into such an amazing family, and I’ve adopted them as my own.
9. Hanging out with friends. I’m lucky enough to have a really big handful of GOOD friends and they all know how to cheer me up, and when I need it most.
10. Holidays with really big meals (and family, friends). That feeling after eating a ton of food and wanting to fall asleep but laughing too much with those you love.
11. Buying concert tickets, roadtripping for a concert, waiting that hour between doors opening and the show starting. I love all of it.
12. Getting random text messages, knowing someone out there is thinking of you in that particular moment
13. A really hot summer day with no plans except enjoying the sun outside with my ipod
14. Going to the park with a friend and sitting on the swings. I love feeling like a kid again!
15. Meeting someone special, even if it doesn’t last long. Holding hands, being close to them.
16. Planning the vacation of a life time with best friends, getting excited months and months in advance
17. Helping customers at work and making a difference in their lives. I’ve met so many special people at my job, even if it’s part time, and I see them all the time. I’ve even met a really good friend of mine because of it!
18. Spending a day doing nothing productive at all, and feeling like I could do it all over again the next day.
19. Going out and having the absolute best time, when there were no plans at all
20. Last, but not least… Making my already amazing family bigger. What on earth does that mean? I’m going to be an aunt for the very first time! And I just can’t wait to spoil the hell out of that baby<3
What are you happy for today?