In January I set myself up with 8 major goals for 2011. I decided that just before the halfway mark of the year, I should take a look at them and see how I was doing. I read that the more you remind yourself of the goals you want to accomplish, the more likely you are to actually do them! So here we go.
1. Eat healthier
– This has been a monthly struggle for me because I’m definitely NOT the best eater. In May I’ve been making a more conscious effort to eat better & to be aware of the good VS bad things I’m eating. Hopefully by the time December 31sts rolls around I’ll be able to say that I’m actually eating better on a regular basis.
– Traveling is a really big expense, especially since I’m still in school. But I told myself I wanted to see more than just little cities around my house. So I booked a trip to Greece for 3 weeks and I just can’t wait! I don’t know if I’ll be able to afford to do any more than that, but for me that’s a really huge accomplishment. I’ve never paid my way anywhere except an all-inclusive resort.
3. Achieve a 3.0 GPA in school or higher
-I’d like to say I was well on my way to achieving this goal, but we’ll just have to wait and see how I do in Calculus the second time around. I’ve only got one more semester to boost that grade all the way up, and I’m worried that’s not enough. But if I can get even CLOSE to a 3.0, I’ll be ecstatic.
4. Stay more organized
– I love being organized, but sometimes I forget to do it. I’ve been carrying a notebook with me for lists, things to do & just overall goal reminders ever since February, and I think it’s been helping me a lot. I’ve also made the effort to use the calendar option on my iPhone as MUCH as possible which I have been, and I’m also writing down important dates on my calendar in my room, which I never used to do. I actually did all of this without even remembering that this was one of my goals! Maybe I knew subconsciously?!
5. Save money
– I’m not sure how I feel about this goal yet. I mean, yeah I’m saving money (and paying for a huge trip for myself) and saving more money than I have in the last 5 years, but I’m also neglecting my credit card a little and being a little bit too easygoing with my money. For the next 6 months I want to cut back on spending even more. Where is all my cash going to?! I’d like to start keeping track. Money notebook? Now there’s another way to stay organized…
6. Read 40 books or more
– I’m halfway at this goal, which makes me nervous because I actually upped my goal a couple months ago to 60 books which is double the amount that I read last year. This is a great excuse to cut back on computer time & increase reading time. And cross off some 101 goals about reading.
7. Cross off atleast 50 goals on my 101 goals in 1,001 days list
– Oh dear. In January I had 27 crossed off, and 6 months through my goal I’m only at 39. Okay, no need to panic here. I’m only like 30 GOALS behind. Let’s see what I can do in the next 6 months to fix this. I need a good plan. Any other 101 in 1,001-ers out there? Tips, tricks? Help!
8. Buy a camera and take more pictures.
– I still haven’t done this, but I’m thinking it may in fact be a birthday gift to myself very soon. Like, when the government returns me some money for my taxes. I NEED a camera for concerts that are coming up, but MORE importantly for my upcoming trip to Greece. I literally cannot go without a camera. I have been doing quite a bit of research on cameras that may be suited for me. I look on Amazon more & more, so I’m not worried about accomplishing this at all. The ‘take more pictures’ part will come naturally as soon as I can afford it!
So 5 and a half months into this year, I think I’m right on track. Things I desperately need to work on is time management & my 101 goals. I’d like to find ways to be even more organized as well, and find a way to keep track of my 101 goals on paper so that I can see them every day and be reminded that I need to be accomplishing more of them.
How are your 2011 goals coming along? Any advice you can offer me to help me achieve my goals?