1. What type of phone do you have? Do you like it?
– I have an iPhone and I absolutely ADORE it. I had a Blackberry for two years before I made the switch and although I loved it at first, I had way too many problems with it (I went through 8 different Blackberries because they always broke for NO reason)… I haven’t had a single problem with my iPhone in a year and I still really love everything about it. Except the keyboard.
2. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
– I was actually pretty young- 12 or 13 I believe. It was my first year of high school but I had a really old school cell phone with like 25 minutes a month or something. I had to take the city bus for an hour home alone and my mom worried a lot about me, as I was often getting myself lost. So she thought having a cell would be a good emergency kind of thing and that’s honestly what I used it for, texting and all that stuff just didn’t exist yet!
3. How many cell phones have you owned since your first?
– Oh lord. Well I had that first old one, then my first color screen one… Then I had the MotoKrzr (do we remember the like 3 months that phone was popular?) but I lost interest really fast and switched to a Blackberry Pearl. My brother has always been really technologically savvy and all that, so I was always on top of the newest stuff going on. I was never happy with my cell until I got my current one though. Now you couldn’t make me switch for anything!
4. How much is your average monthly phone bill?
– It ranges between 60-75$, depending if I go over in my minutes or not. For some reason I just can’t get the hang of my minutes since getting my iPhone!
5. When you were a kid/teenager, were you allowed to have a phone in your room?
– Yeah I did! I was never ever a huge phone person, but I did love having one. It wasn’t my own line or anything like that, but my mom always had a bigger problem with me and the internet (she hated how much I was on it!)
6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you despise it? Or somewhere in-between?
– I actually really don’t, because I feel like it wastes a lot of time. There are a few exceptions to this rule though, but I mostly try to keep conversations short and I actually avoid answering the phone if I can.
7. Do you text a lot? Is texting/talking while driving illegal where you live? Are you guilty of it anyway?
– I text an average amount. Most people these days probably text more than I do, but it really depends on the day. Texting and talking is very much illegal here but lucky for me (or unlucky?) I don’t drive yet so that’s never been a problem.
8. What sort of texting keyboard does your phone have? Touch screen, slide out, or something different? Do you care?
– It has a touch keyboard and I’m really not a big fan. It’s the one thing I’m not crazy about on iPhone and no matter how much I use it I just can’t seem to get used to it. When I want to answer something fast I usually make about 800 mistakes and I’ve definitely sent a few really WEIRD texts because of autocorrect.
9. Look at the last call in your call log – who is it? What were they calling about? Who calls you the most?
– The last person who called me was my friend Mel, just saying hi! We actually talk quite a bit on the phone… She’s probably in the top 5 people that I talk to.
10. What is the longest phone call you can recall having?
– The person I have longest conversations with is my friend James. He’s the ONE and only person I talk to for hours without even realizing it. I’ve talked to him for 3 straight hours without noticing. It’s crazy! And very unlike me.
Your turn! What are your cell phone habits like?