This month is not only the big summer month, but it’s really my favorite month of the year. Maybe it’s because my birthday is just before the halfway mark, maybe it’s just because July always seems to have the most beautiful days. Either way, I’m excited about it. Here are my goals for the month:
1) Get back to eating healthy, track my weight & start exercising again. I’ve got 5 weeks to feel fantastic for Greece, and I’ll be damned if I don’t put 100% of myself into this goal. I mean, seriously. It’s not like I have anything else (school, etc) in my way anymore. I have no excuse. This month, it’s on.
2) Try and donate blood again. SERIOUSLY, I’m going to try a third time. As of July 8th I’m allowed to attempt to give blood again, and I most certainly will. Especially if my lovely friend Agnes has anything to say about it. I know she wants this for me as badly as I want to- I mean really, 6 months to cross off this one goal? Unacceptable. Plus, I can’t get a tattoo or another piercing until I do this AND I WANT TO DO BOTH very soon. So let’s do this.
3) Read 8 books/Cross off two reading goals. I’m a bit nervous for this one because 5 is usually my limit, but I’m going to try and make this a bigger reading month than usual. According to Goodreads I’m constantly behind by 3 books, which means that if I add an extra 3 this month I might get myself on track to reading 60 books by the end of this year. I think if I continue reading books that are part of my reading goals as well as continue with my one evening a week away from the computer (but still at home) for the whole month, I should accomplish this one! Also, from now on I’m going to mark the dates that I finish books. Much easier that way.
4) Renew my learner’s permit. I’ve had this one on my last before and completely forgotten about it, but I really wanted to accomplish this one this summer… And since I leave in 5 weeks it’s now or never!
5) Complete 5 more goals from my 101 Goals list to be at 50 total accomplished. This is a mix of some of my above goals & other, but if I can get to 50 by the end of July I’ll be super happy! I’ve given myself a few extra in case I’m feeling up to it, since I’m feeling kind of repetitive here.
a) Read for an hour every day for 2 weeks
b) Re-read 5 novels I loved when I was younger (4/5 complete)
c) Spend an evening away from my laptop once a week for 2 months (I’m halfway there, at the end of July I’ll be done!)
d) Read 3 novels on Well Being (2/3 complete)
e) Go one month without junk food. Challenge accepted.
As well as:
f) Give blood
g) Stop biting my nails (if I make it through the month I’ll cross this one off)
h) Spend a day with my phone turned off
I think I’ll have my plate pretty full with goals, but I really want to get some stuff done before I leave the country for 3 weeks. I know that I won’t be focusing on them very much (if at all) while I’m gone, so I want to feel like at least I was productive before getting on that plane.
In July I will also…
– Celebrate my 22nd birthday on July 10th. I didn’t have any birthday plans earlier this week, but now I have a potential dancing date with my Greece girls on Friday July 8th, I have a work party (planned by a friend) on Saturday July 9th, and I have a birthday brunch with close friends on Sunday July 10th. I think I’ll spend the rest of my birthday with family, and that will be one pretty fantastic weekend if I do say so myself.
– Have a media pass to the Vans Warped Tour on July 16th. I’ve never been backstage at that festival, but believe me I am excited like it’s nobody’s business. I have a requested interview with PARAMORE (he-yo!) and I’ll be spending the whole day surrounded by music. This was the festival that I spent my birthday at last year and it was one of the best days ever. I can’t wait to do the behind the scenes thing.
– Finish setting up my huge (and hopefully successful) Month of Guest Blogging AKA August. I still have just a few spots left if you’re interested in writing something for me, e-mail me at mliss024[at]gmail[dot]com! 🙂
Is your month of July looking fun, summery and full like mine?! What are your goals?