Every year, I feel like I’m becoming a whole new person- or maybe more of the person I’m meant to be when all is said and done. I was looking through my posts at this time last year, and although I haven’t really CHANGED, there are little bits and pieces that I don’t recognize of myself anymore. There are things that I loved, things I was doing one year ago that I can’t imagine doing quite like that ever again.
It’s a weird feeling, but in the best way possible. Getting older is thrilling, but it’s so scary at the same time. It’s like there’s a big clock that’s ticking away, waiting for me to do something, be someone.
In the last year I have become a very goal oriented person. I have taken control of my responsibilities, and I’ve learned what it means to prioritize myself and what I need, before anyone else. I’ve learned to live bigger, love harder, and laugh louder.
I’m so excited to see what this new year holds for me. So far, my birthday has been nothing but amazing (no scheduled post for me today, I’m writing this in real-time!) and now I’m heading out for a lovely day of friends and family and lots of food. Yum.
The last thing I have to share for today is the 23 Before 23 list that I made, and I’m still super excited about it. Here we go.
23 Before 23
- Take the trip of a lifetime
- Write a letter to myself on the day off my 22nd birthday to open on the day of my 23rd
- Get my 10th and final piercing
- Confront a fear
- Try an exotic food I can’t pronounce and/or would normally never try
- Splurge on something for myself
- Write a book
- Learn to drive a manual car
- Take piano lessons and/or buy a book & learn to play
- Get rid of a bad habit
- Read 10 biographies about people who changed the world (0/10)
- Buy a scrapbook and put it together for myself
- Buy a photo album and fill in all the pages
- Spend a day with my nephew (when he gets here in October!)
- Get into a regular fitness routine
- Take a University class I’m interested in, even if it doesn’t fit my degree
- Participate in Project 365 from July 10th 2011 until July 10th 2012
- Have a conversation in Spanish
- Watch all the seasons of a TV show I’ve never seen before
- Keep a food diary for one month
- Find a way to enjoy winter
- Support 10 unknown musicians/artists & buy their record instead of downloading it