16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
– Well, I guess the logical answer to that is that everyone has different tastes, interests and most importantly ambitions in life. To that extent, even my own personal interests and wants have changed through the years. I can’t expect everyone to be as happy as I am by going to a concert or taking a road trip with best friends to a random city. I love spending long days at home followed by a week far away in another country… Some people prefer to stick to routine, and that makes them JUST as happy as when I’m thousands of miles away.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
– More than anything, I really want to be that person who takes a year off from regular routine life to travel the world. It’s no secret that I want to see every hidden corner of this place we call home, but what’s holding me back is a) money and b) my responsibilities. Money is obviously the biggest factor because I would need to save so much of it for that long, but this is the age I should be doing these kinds of things! I wish I had the idea of doing it while I was off from school 2 years ago, but I also remember who I was back then and I was in no frame of mind to do something like this. I was too wrapped up in music (not that I regret that whatsoever)… But now that I’m getting older I have more responsibilities tying me down. I want to stay home to finish University, see my little nephew come into the world and be a big part of his life, see my family and friends and continue to look for jobs in a field that interests me for a low wage while I can still afford to do that to get my name out there. There are too many real life things to do for me to be able to just take some time off right now. Maybe later on in life, but I wonder if it will just be too late then? Who knows.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Probably. I’ve wrote this post about grudges that I was holding on to that I learned to let go with time. I think there are other unresolved issues in my life, but who doesn’t have at least some? I don’t think I’ll ever be free of every little thing that I feel the need to ‘let go’ of, but that’s all part of life. It’s those moments that you hold on to that remind you of your past and make you the person that you are.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
This one is tough, because I’m a HUGE homebody. I love my home, I love my city, and I don’t think I could ever truly move away from here and have it feel like a real home. If I had to choose another city in Canada it would be Toronto though, because it’s close enough to home that I can still visit often enough, and it’s the heart of the music industry right now in my country. It’s also the center of all things books and publishing, and I feel like I’d just have my choice at all my favorite careers if I lived there. Montreal doesn’t have ANY of those options, and that makes me very sad.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Nah, I definitely just push it once. I feel like this question has an sub-meaning to it, so what I’m taking from it is do I feel so rushed in life that I need to accomplish everything on fast forward, and the answer is no. Yes, I’m in a rush to do some things like finish school and get a job that I love, but I take everything one step at a time. I press the button once, and I just wait to get to my destination.