The picture above? Exactly what September looked like in Montreal. Rain, rain rain rain. I better start seeing some fall weather next month, or else! I want breezy, crisp autumn mornings- not hot and humid rainy ones! Anyway moving on…
This month was… interesting, to say the least. But not in the actual sense of the word. Like, if I could choose on month in the year as the least interesting of 2011, it would probably be September. Is that awful? Probably. Maybe coming off a trip to Europe isn’t the best way to set this month up, but on top of that I went back to work 3-4 days a week, school a couple days a week, a ton of homework & a heart that wasn’t in any of it. So I set up some goals for myself in the hopes of getting myself back on track.
I’m not sure if my goals necessarily got me where I need to be as October comes rolling in, but I’m definitely planning on getting back into the hang of things for REAL next month. September was a bit of a setback but luckily there’s always next month to make things better. More on that tomorrow when I set myself up with some new goals!
Here’s what this month’s goals looked like:
1. Get back into a fitness routine: Not completed. I really wanted this to happen, really and truly. I thought about it so often it hurt. The problem is that I just can’t afford a fitness routine right now (AKA a gym membership or any sort) and I’m really not sure how else to get into an actual routine. I’ve been thinking of starting the 30 Day Shred again, maybe that 20 minute work out every day will get my heart back in a good place. This month was a total fail.
2. Number 31 on my 101 list: spend a whole semester in school without procrastinating homework. Not completed. I thought about this goal every day too, but I just laughed at it. No way that was going to happen whatsoever. I procrastinated worst this month than I have at any other point in my life. Not sure what was up with that but I didn’t like it one bit.
3. Read 4 books throughout the month. Completed! Thank God I was able to do at least one thing, am I right? Here’s what I read…
– Just Kids by Patti Smith
– 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
– Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson
– Night by Elie Wiesel
I’m technically counting this goal as done even though that first book I read half of it in August. Whatever. I’m getting my reading groove back & that’s really what I wanted.
Also: I highly recommend ALL the books mentioned above. Highly. All of them. Yes. Go read now.
4. Complete a random goal on one of my lists and blog about it. Completed! I blogged about #1 on my 23 Before 23 list as well as #17 on my 23 Before 23 list. I want to incorporate my lists more into my blog as I move forward. I feel like they’re becoming so much more of who I am than I could have imagined and I love writing about the goals I complete. I’d love to do this more often for sure- it was a lot of fun & received so much great feedback, so thank you!
5. Start saving money again. Completed! I’m saving very little right now, mind you, but saving nonetheless. I’ve started making automatic transfers into my University account for now because I had the awful realization that I don’t have enough to get me to graduation. Scary. It’s not the kind of saving I wanted to be doing by the end of the month, but I’ve got lots of bills to pay & that saving is important so I figured it took priority. *Technically* still counts though!
This month I also…
– Attended my sister-in-law’s baby shower. So exciting! And now she’s less than ONE MONTH away from her due date. Just unbelievable.
– Blogged NINE times about my trip to Greece. Technically ten, but one of the posts was tips I learned about travelling and I suppose that doesn’t really count. But still, how on earth did I find 9 full posts to talk about?! That is just crazy. You can read all of them over here.
– Took a vow to be more honest & to blog for the right reasons. And honestly? I was so nervous at first about deciding that but now I am so happy. My first truly honest post ‘Confessons of a Single Girl‘ got more comments than any other post I’ve ever written & more views in a week as well. So thank you. Thank you for all your really sweet comments & for being understanding & not totally judging me.
– Got to see one of my favorite bands live again for the first time in over a year. I’ve seen The New Cities OVER FORTY TIMES NOW. I’ve blogged about them so much it’s unreal. They’ve been the one constant in the four years I’ve held this blog. You can basically find them in weekly posts in 2009 because that’s how often I saw them. Anyway, they released their 2nd full length album this month and I’m so proud to have seen them go this far.
– Found out another one of my all time favorite bands, Augustana, broke up. I’m coming to terms with it but I’m still so devastated. Ugh.
– I also just entered in a giveaway over on Steven‘s blog Hundred Goals to win 100$ cash. For real. This guy is offering up a hundred bucks to any blogger to fulfill a goal they have in life. How neat is that? Go check out his blog & enter his giveaway if you’d like. You bet I did. Also leave him a comment on a post. He loves comments.