This post is going to be short and sweet, but I thought it would be a nice addition to what I had to say yesterday. I’m so swamped with homework and work these last few days I haven’t had any time to just sit down and write today.
Long days are tough more often than not, but today I chose to just look on the bright side of everything. Here are the top 10 reasons I found to smile in the last 24 hours.
1. I got to sleep in until 8am. That is my favorite time to wake up!
2. I had time to watch a favorite show this morning as I had breakfast. New Girl, you are so awesome.
3. Today was a beautiful autumn day. There were big piles of leaves everywhere and I just really wanted to jump in some of them!
4. My bus driver and I bonded today. I had to run for the bus and was the only person on it. He thought it was kind of hilarious, I didn’t so much… But made the best of it. I couldn’t stop laughing about our awkward conversation after!
5. My shift at work went by pretty quickly considering it lasted ALL day. 11-7. Literally.
6. I had an amazingly long and hot shower when I got home. Don’t you just love those? Felt totally calm and collected after!
7. Spent some time preparing for my interview with Montreal singer/songwriter Jason Bajada which is tomorrow. I haven’t done an interview since JULY so I’m super excited about it!
8. Found out his music is actually awesome and have been listening to it for the last little while. I love new music, especially when it’s awesome local talent!
9. I received a lot of compliments today. Apparently I looked nice, my makeup looked great, and people at work were just sending me all kinds of love. Not sure where it’s coming from, but it was lovely!
10. I got an extra day off this week- Saturday! I’m so excited to enjoy a long weekend, go out with friends, keep up to date with homework, and just be stress-free one last weekend before holidays. Hurray!
What made you smile today?