Here’s a list of the first 10 things I can think of worth sharing that’s going on in my life these days.
1. School is becoming a huge issue for me. I have a goal on my 101 list that says ‘pick a program in school & stick with it- and be happy with that choice’ that I have yet to cross off because IT STILL HASN’T HAPPENED. My 1,001 days are trickling away and I still haven’t chosen a program I am happy with. This is basically a post all on it’s own, but I had an epiphany about this earlier today. It wasn’t an epiphany as in “I totally know what I want to do with my life now” but it was the kind where I understood why I didn’t know more about where I’m headed. But more on that at some other point.
2. On a related note, I really wanted to NOT procrastinate this semester but I’ve in fact been procrastinating about 10x more than ever before. Again, this ties into my worldly epiphany. Although knowing me, I’ll have another one of these and change my mind again. I don’t want to think about that just yet.
3. We’re having a bit of an Indian summer here in Montreal and I love it. It got cold and autumn-like for 2 weeks or so, but this week has been sunny and really warm (like summer clothes warm). It’s so great but it’s just stretching out the inevitable fact that my favorite season is basically over, and way too fast at that. On the bright side I love my winter jacket and I’m kind of excited to be wearing it again… But that’s about the extent of my love of Montreal winters.
4. TV season is starting back up and I couldn’t be happier. Not only are all my favorite shows back on, but they’re all very much welcome distractions. This year’s favorites so far:
– Big Bang Theory: the new season is HILARIOUS, but that’s no surprise at all.
– How I Met Your Mother: also really happy at how funny the new season is. I want some resolved issues soon though! I always have too many questions unanswered… and I mean really, it’s been like 7 years. Make something happen!
– Grey’s Anatomy: Well the first episode made me cry, so I know that the show is back with a vengeance. I don’t think there’s been a single episode in at least 2 or 3 seasons where I haven’t at least teared up. This season so far looks reallyyyy good though.
– Desperate Housewives: Apparently this is the last season? Oh well. It’s my guilty pleasure & although it’s a bit dramatic this year I still love it.
– Modern Family: I clearly love sitcoms. But this one is so great… Also another really strong beginning to a show. I was laughing so much!
And a really awesome new show that I’ve added to my list…
– New Girl: The first episode (of a new sitcom, yeah yeah) was AMAZING. Zooey Deschanel is the perfect main character and her three guy roommates are hilarious. I’m pretty excited for this show!
The show has officially been picked up for it’s first full season, hurray!
5. One of my all time favorite bands, Augustana, just broke up. I actually found out as I started drafting this blog post and as I’ve mentioned them many times before (and my ridiculous love for them) I felt it was important to add this in. I am literally devastated by this news… The lead singer has one of the most amazing voices live and on record that I have ever heard. I can only hope that this break-up isn’t the end of his singing career, because he is one of the few people I truly believe were made to do what he does.
6. On a musically related note, here are a few songs I can’t get enough of right now:
– The entire ‘Kill The Lights’ album by The New Cities. Seriously, catchiest synth/electro/pop songs you’ll ever listen to. If you need to just listen to something happy, get this album.
– Gavin DeGraw’s new single ‘Not Over You‘… SO. GOOD.
– Someone Like You by Adele. Which was on my playlist that I posted last weekend, but it is just so amazing.
– Amy, I by Jack’s Mannequin. What a great song off their upcoming album ‘People & Things’. Speaking of which, OCTOBER 4TH. So exciting!
Only 7.99 on iTunes!
7. Early next week I’m going to this really cool book convention thing for HarperCollins. They host ‘fall previews’ each year for staff members in big cities and show you what’s coming and give you some good books to read. So cool! I’m going with a bunch of work people, plus the one other book convention I went to was totally awesome and wasn’t even the kind of books I READ.
8. I am currently writing this blog post as I procrastinate writing an English paper. I just don’t want to do it. I feel awful though because I should just get it done and move on to other homework. I’m being so last minute it’s beyond ridiculous.
9. I’m going to be an aunt anywhere between right now and a month from now. The baby is due on October 24th or something like that. ANY DAY NOW. SO EXCITING.
10. I went to The New Cities’ album launch this past Monday night and it was a really great experience. If you’ve read through my archives you’ll know that I’ve seen this band from the time that they were struggling to get their music heard, and now they’ve just released their second album on a major label. It’s so crazy how proud I am of them and seeing them on Monday for the first time in just over a year was really emotional for me. It’s a bit insane, but I’ve now seen them over 40 times. That’s what happens with local bands! I also somehow talked my manager into finding a way to carry their CD at my work which has never happened before. He was super excited to support a local band & I’m really excited to sell the record!
The four of us at the album launch, photo courtesy of Vanessa Leclair.
Jenia & I before the show started. 4 years & 40 shows with this girl (and another one who’s currently in Vancouver!) It’s been a crazy, crazy 4 years. But so amazing.
Well this was an incredibly random post filled with a heck of a lot of rambling, but I needed to just write whatever came to mind. It’s been a while since I just let my mind exhale a little bit. Maybe now I’ll be able to focus on this paper of mine.
Tell me, how’s your life been right now? What’s going on with you?!